The electric grid is vital to our everyday lives. It is fundamental for the health, safety, and well-being of our communities, and provides the platform for our economy and our societal and technological advancements.
SERC’s mission is to reduce risks to the reliability and security of the electric grid (also known as the bulk power system), not only for today but also for the future.
To achieve this mission, we maintain a diverse team of experts across numerous disciplines in order to address the complex, evolving, and dynamic challenges facing the grid. Our team also partners with the best and brightest individuals from both the power industry and the federal government to understand and address the challenges facing the grid. These key partnerships make our work more informed, pragmatic, responsive, and impactful.
We are currently looking to retain the services of Independent Contract Auditors/Consultants to conduct compliance audits of registered entities in the Southeastern United States. In this context, independent refers to an individual/entity having the knowledge, judgment and capability to execute responsibilities autonomously, not being subject to control by others, and being free of actual and perceived conflicts of interest.
The Scope of Work for Contract Auditors includes:
Prepare the pre-audit material packages for both on-site and off-site audits;
- Technical review of submitted materials from registered entities;
- Participate in on-site compliance audits, including ensuring all aspects of the on-site audit have been conducted consistent with SERC procedures and policies;
- Participate in off-site audits including review of submitted material and ensuring that all aspects of the off-site audit have been conducted consistent with SERC procedures and policies;
- As appropriate and as assigned, lead the SERC Compliance Audit Team for either the on-site audit or off-site audit;
- Draft the final audit report consistent with the SERC Audit Report Template, which shall include observations and findings, identification of specific potential violations, and severity levels of non-compliance;
- Provide necessary input and support for any discussions regarding settlement or hearings issues related to any audit findings.
We are looking for Independent Contract Compliance Auditors who have a minimum of five years of experience in the auditing of NERC Reliability Standards authorized under FERC Order No. 693 with expertise in Operations and Planning, specifically: BAL, COM, EOP, FAC, INT, IRO, TOP, and VAR standards;
Independent Contract Compliance Auditors who have a minimum of five years of experience in the auditing of NERC Reliability Standards authorized under FERC Order No. 706 with expertise in Critical Infrastructure Protection, specifically: CIP-002, CIP-003, CIP-005, CIP-007, CIP-008, and CIP-009 standards.
Please note: Respondents who are interested should meet the requirements to be considered an independent contractor including items such as a business license, proof of appropriate levels of insurance, ability to provide services to other businesses, and the ability to provide your own equipment, as needed.
Any interested parties should contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.