SERC’s Pandemic Response Team has been convening daily calls to discuss ongoing monitoring and coordination efforts.
SERC takes the wellbeing and safety of our staff and stakeholders very seriously. In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, SERC’s Pandemic Response Team has been convening daily calls to discuss ongoing monitoring and coordination efforts. This team is primarily recommending mitigation strategies consistent with those provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). To date, SERC has taken the following measures:
- All nonessential business travel is suspended until further notice.
- Staff is working remotely for the next two weeks, at a minimum.
- Visitors to the office are restricted through March 31, 2020.
- Board meetings will be held via WebEx through March 31, 2020.
- All in-person training, assistance, and outreach engagements are suspended through March 31, 2020.
- All monitoring event updates will be managed directly by the audit team lead.
- March Technical Committee meetings are being conducted via WebEx only.
- System Operator Conferences #1 and #2 have been postponed (date TBD).
We have recently created a SERC news feed on our website (www.serc1.org), located under the carousel, to quickly share updates with stakeholders. We will maintain situation awareness about the spread of COVID-19 and future impacts to staff, stakeholders, and the reliability and security of the SERC Region, and will use the news feed in conjunction with social media and email to keep stakeholders informed.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we make necessary adjustments to ensure the health and safety of our employees, our stakeholders, our communities, and the continued reliability and security of the SERC Region.