System Operators are invited to attend. Participants who successfully complete the training will be awarded NERC-approved Continuing Education Hours (CEHs).
This System Operator Conference will be virtual. WebEx information will be provided at a later date and time.
SYSTEM OPERATOR CONFERENCE #2
Please note that the times listed below are (EST)
Virtual Conference Event Information
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - Thursday, April 29, 2021
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EST)
Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EST)
Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EST)
Lunch 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (All three days)
Note that the above times listed are (EST); and the times listed below are (CST).
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Central).
Lunch 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Central).
- System Operators with responsibility for performing real-time, reliability-related tasks on the interconnected power system (Reliability Coordinator, Balancing Authority, Transmission Operator, and Generator Operator functions)
- System control center managers, supervisors, and staff
- Engineers, planners, managers, marketers, technicians, or support staff who may benefit from power system operation training
NERC-approved Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) will be awarded for successful completion of this learning activity. No partial credit. Total CEHs that are awarded - 14
- Provide SERC System Operators with a forum for networking with operators from across the SERC Region and sharing best practices
- Develop SERC System Operator knowledge and skills using relevant scenarios modeled on an operator training simulator
- Provide SERC System Operators with effective training in normal and emergency operations, operator communication and collaboration and situational awareness
- Assist SERC System Operators in maintaining their NERC Certification through the award of approved continuing education hours
Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is $, and registration through the SERC website is required. If you select payment by check, include your name and event date on the check.
Please feel free to use any registration credits that might have incurred in 2019 or 2020.
Feel free to reach out to Mary Dumire or Matt Bigg for details regarding credits.
Registration fees are non refundable. A credit is offered to attend a future SERC event by December 31, 2021. To cancel a SERC event registration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the registration deadline listed below.
Registration Deadline: Monday, March 29, 2021
Questions concerning registration and meeting content - email@example.com